From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-14 08:04:37

Daniel James <daniel_at_[hidden]> writes:

> David Abrahams wrote:
>> Are you sure that you don't have G++ set to treat warnings as errors?
>> This has shown up as a warning in other cases, but we decided not to
>> apply a workaround to eval_if because that would just propagate the
>> need for a workaround further out.
>
> I don't think so. I've tried again using:
>
> g++ -Wno-error -I ../../.. -I /home/daniel/projects/boost
> named_params_test.cpp
>
> and it still fails.

In that case we'd better consider whether a last-minute patch to MPL
is appropriate. Aleksey, in brief: I know we decided not to work
around this stupid warning in GCC, but in this case it appears to be
coming up as an error (GCC bug) and AFAIK there's no clean workaround
for the user other than not using mpl::eval_if.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting