From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-17 16:16:53

I'm looking at how things are placed in the sandbox and wondering about
something...

Currently the sandbox mirrors the layout of the main Boost CVS. That is:

boost-sandbox
        /boost/...
        /libs
        /libs/<library>/...

That layout has a few drawbacks when dealing with a single isolated
library...

1) It makes it harder to package as one has to filter out the rest of
the stuff there.

2) One can get conflicts when something in another library's code gets
accidentally used. I ran into this when evaluating named_params as some
MPL related files got picked off from the sandbox instead of from the
Boost CVS.

3) Makes finding things much harder when someone mentions to look in the
sandbox for their library.

Was there ever a discussion as to the layout? (A cursory search did not
reveal anything)

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything