From: Manas Singh (manassingh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-17 16:13:36

The graph algorithms like depth first search and breadthe search works fine
when you have the graph readily available before you call the BFS/DFS function.

But I am trying to make the DFS and BFS work when I have a dynamiccaly
growing graph.
More specifically I start with only one node and call the DFS
function. When the DFS
discovers a node, I add more nodes to the graph in the visitor
discover function.
But I am not able to grow the graph's color map. So although I am
adding vertices
to the graph the color map remains the same, and so the DFS fails.

Is there any way I can make DFS work with dynamically growing graphs.

I come across this requirement while trying to build a web crawler using DFS.
When crawling I start with one node only. But gradually I keep on adding nodes
in the discover vertex method of DFS.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Manas.