From: David B. Held (dheld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-18 19:03:18

Joaquin M Lopez Munoz wrote:
> Daryle Walker <darylew <at> hotmail.com> writes:
> [...]
>>The only objection I have concerns the cartoon. Yes, I think it's too
>>childish. I know this response is too late since Dave has already
>>implemented the idea, but can he yank the cartoon, if Dave actually included
>>it? (I haven't seen the updated page yet.) Aleksey can include the cartoon
>>on his Boost page if he wants.
>
> Having produced the thing, I feel a bit guilty :)
> I find the image a little at odds with the general feel
> of the site, but some humor cannot hurt much. Anyway, this
> is just my personal opinion. At least, I hope nobody
> finds it offensive or deeply inappropriate.

I would be offended if the cartoon got voted away. I seriously doubt
someone will come across the Boost site and say: "Well, this seems to be
a repository of high-quality C++ libraries, but I just can't take it
seriously because of that obnoxious cartoon." And if they do, they
probably wouldn't benefit much anyway. If the cartoon were a crudely
drawn stick figure, I would be annoyed. But I think the cartoon meets
the quality standards of Boost as much as any code does.

Dave