From: Caleb Epstein (caleb.epstein_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-23 11:51:44

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 10:32:52 -0600, Rene Rivera
<grafik.list_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I did darken the links, but at some point they are going to become
> black, and disappear into the text. So, with that in mind.. Would it be
> preferable to just make the links black, and have some icon on them to
> indicate they are links?

With a layout thats basically black-on-white, I'd strongly suggest not
specifying any link color at all. Just use the browser defaults.

I think that link colors should only be overridden when there is an
overarching color scheme which deviates sufficiently far from "black
on white" that the change is required for visibility.

Having a small "this is a link" glyph isn't a bad visual cue either,
though its not all that common and may irk some folks.

--
Caleb Epstein
caleb dot epstein at gmail dot com