From: JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-23 17:02:03

----- Mensaje original -----
De: "Aaron W. LaFramboise" <aaronrabiddog51_at_[hidden]>
Fecha: Martes, Noviembre 23, 2004 9:21 pm
Asunto: Re: [boost] Re: Another logo proposal

> David Abrahams wrote:
>
> > With all due respect, I find this logo direction dry, unattractive,
> > and not memorable.
>
> For contrast, I think Joaquín Muñoz's preferred black on white
> plus-plus
> design is the best I've seen so far, including his rockets. If
> all of
> the thus-far proposed logos were put before me in a controlled
> test, and
> the examiner asked me which one of these logos was most likely the
> logoof a high-quality, industrial-grade, corporate-accepted software
> package, I'd go with the plus-plus design.

Hey, good to know there's someone on my side :) thanks!

My particular "++ in a block" proposal aside, I think it'd
be good that an stylized, abstract logo be adopted, or at
least a simple one, amenable to multiple rendering
contexts (b/w, small size, etc.) Cartoon logos might look
fun, but they can clash with the environment in many aspects
(general tone, color palette, style.) In contrast, a
stylized logo has the same connotational power without any
of the aforementioned potential problems.

Companies that invest big bucks in corporate image
know it well. I propose you a simple exercise: name
the first 20 companies that come to your mind, visit their
websites and take a look at the logo. How many of them
have a figurative icon? How many of them have a
multicolor icon (say, more than 3 colors)?

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo