From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-23 16:05:43

"Aaron W. LaFramboise" <aaronrabiddog51_at_[hidden]> writes:

> David Abrahams wrote:
>
>> With all due respect, I find this logo direction dry, unattractive,
>> and not memorable.
>
> For contrast, I think Joaquín Muñoz's preferred black on white plus-plus
> design is the best I've seen so far, including his rockets. If all of
> the thus-far proposed logos were put before me in a controlled test, and
> the examiner asked me which one of these logos was most likely the logo
> of a high-quality, industrial-grade, corporate-accepted software
> package, I'd go with the plus-plus design.
>
> The rocket design is visually pleasing and has an interesting
> relationship to the name "Boost," but so far, it doesn't lead me to the
> above mental association of a high-quality software package. It may be
> a little too cute.

It may be.

I'm not sure that our logo has to say "high quality" if our software
is already well known for it. We're not quite corporate here, and
perhaps we don't want to convey that. On the other hand, maybe we do,
I really don't know.

None of the rockets have the professional look of the "UPS" logo, at
least not so far. But then, neither has the b&w C++ either. Maybe
if it had color...

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting