From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-23 18:08:21

At 10:27 AM 11/23/2004, Angus Leeming wrote:
>Rich Johnson wrote:
>
>> On another topic....
>>
>> I seem to recall a boost::filesystem 'is_equivalent_name()' or
>> 'name_equals()' convenience function mentioned sometime over the
>> last week or so. There's currently a fair bit of debate over
character
>> codings, etc.; this function would handle that.
>
>Thanks for the heads up. I skipped many of the 1200+ postings to the
>Boost Devel list since I read it last...
>
>I think that I understand what you're talking about. The fact that
>Win32 regards 'FileName' and 'filename' as equivalent file names
>unless the file has the FILE_FLAG_POSIX_SEMANTICS attribute set,
>right?

Not entirely. 'FileName' and 'filename' could be two distinct and separate
files, and could have a variety of names. Use the new equivalent() function
to determine path equivalence.

See http://www.boost.org/libs/filesystem/doc/operations.htm#equivalent

We've already had one bug report involving subst drives; equivalence on
Win32 systems is really tricky to determine.

--Beman