From: Reece Dunn (msclrhd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-23 18:40:05

Hi All,

I have made a few modifications to my Wiki-inspired front page design.
It is available here:

    http://uk.geocities.com/msclrhd/boost/boost2.html

Differences include:
* background colour fix;
* heading alignment and padding fixes;
* positioning fix for the main content.

The page also contains the Google search along the top of the screen
with www.boost.org (now Boost) and lists.boost.org (now Mailing Lists)
as a drop-down list instead of radio buttons.

In addition to this, it uses several different styles:

Simple -- Basic styling, minimal colour, simple menu.
Wiki v1 -- "Traditional" Wiki style
Wiki v2 -- Alternate menu/link hover scheme
Wiki v3 -- Alternate menu/link hover scheme
Wiki v4 -- Alternate menu/link hover scheme

At the moment it doesn't render correctly in IE because I have different
named styles and IE is broken in this respect. Firefox works and allows
you to switch between the styles. I am not sure about other browsers.
However, I will focus on compatibility once a style has been chosen.

Which elements work in each style? Which don't?

Regards,
Reece