From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-24 12:24:28

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 11:00:48 -0600, Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote
> Joaquín Mª López Muñoz writes:
> > OK. A note of warning, though: during the last days before the release,
> > Aleksey commited some changes to the docs directly in the branch. These
> > changes affect:
> >
> > 1. The main page (portions of the release notes)
> > 2. The MPL docs
> > 3. Boost.MultiIndex (some docs pages)
> > 4. Other libraries?
> >
> > I'm sure Aleksey'll take care of 1 and 2,
>
> I'm going to take care of everything.

The other libraries really should be up to the library maintainer if for no
other reason than Aleksey has already done a ton of work. And really these
mainline merges should be done at the same time as the RC branch is updated if
they are obvious. The whole point being that the mainline can move on while
the release finalization is in process.

Anyway, please be careful -- I, for one, have already taken care of my library
and the mainline has already moved on. It's not that I don't trust CVS to
merge correctly, but well, I've been burned before....

Jeff