From: Daniel James (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-25 06:48:27

Daniel James wrote:
> Gnuarch does, unix only since getting it to work on other platforms is a
> lot of work. I think that Bitkeeper and Perforce do as well, and might
> even support them on Windows. With Monotone you have to write your own
> hooks to support them, which is a pain but means that you might be able
> to do something with non-unix platforms. I don't think Darcs does,
> although I'm not sure.

Oh dear. Of course, windows doesn't have symbolic links - I was thinking
of the faked ones on Cygwin. I really shouldn't post in the middle of
the night. So Bitkeeper and Perforce certainly don't support them.
Although apparently ClearCase implements them by intercepting file
system calls, but ClearCase isn't really appropriate for open source
projects.

Since gnuarch currently only runs under cygwin, it probably supports
them there.

Thanks to Michael for pointing this out to me.

Daniel