From: Joel (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-26 01:18:35

Rene Rivera wrote:
> David B. Held wrote:
>
>> I guess my random comments about the icons are that at first, with all
>> the logos flying around, I thought they were supposed to be half-+'s,
>> which is part of why I didn't like them so much. But if they are
>> supposed to evoke stream operators, I would probably like them more if
>> they were not quite so fat. Despite all that, good work!!
>

> They are meant to look like the stream ops. I did a minor adjustment
> which hopefully makes it more obvious.
>
> Also changes to the link color, and to the search "box".
>
>> where Boost is widely archived, but also being able to search the
>> docs. Unfortunately, I'm not volunteering to write that functionality
>> at this time. ;)
>

> And I figured out a way to provide a search limited to "/libs". Which
> has the effect of searching only the docs.
>
> http://redshift-software.com/~grafik/boost/index.htm

Nice! BTW, I was twidling with the font-size yesterday.
I am aware that you are using font-size: 90%; I did too
initially, but now what I found what works very well is
font-size: smaller; To see the (slight) difference, you can
check out: http://tinyurl.com/6nphf for example. Notice the
slight difference in size. Notice too the improved line-spacing.
This, I guess, is the reason why someone (Deane?) observed that
the wikipedia pages have better line-spacing. And I agree.

<< BTW, to those who are hesitant to have us tweaking the sizes,
these are *relative* sizes. You still have control over them
by tweaking your browser. >>

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman