From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-27 14:20:16

Robert Ramey wrote:

> We now have a at least one set of files more or less duplicated in boost.
>
> Ron Garcia's utf8_codecvt_facet is included in:
>
> boost/utf8_codecvt_facet.hpp
> boost/detail/utf8_codecvt_facet.hpp
> boost/libs/serialization/src/utf8_codecvt_facet.cpp
> boost/libs/program_options/detail/utf8_codecvt_facet.cpp
> boost/libs/doc/serialization/utf8_codecvt_facet.html
> boost/libs/serialization/test/test_utf8_codecvt_facet.cpp
>
> Leaving aside how this came to be, I would like to do the following:
>
> boost/detail/utf8_codecvt_facet.hpp
> boost/libs/detail // new directory
> boost/libs/detai/src/utf8_codecvt_facet.cpp
> boost/libs/detail/test/test_utf8_codecvt_facet.cpp
> boost/libs/detail/doc/utf8_codecvt_facet.html
>
> This would make both the serialization and program options libraries that
> much smaller and server our needs until a reviewed version of codecvt facets
> in added to boost.

Dave and I suggested such a move some time ago.. When I noticed the
duplication when fixing some problems with the facet. And It was agreed
by Volodya and others on principle. Don't remember what the details of
some of the problems raised.

But I believe that making a new "boost/libs/detail" directory would
solve the problems I vaguely remember. -- I think something about where
to put tests and docs for it was a sited problem.

Sorry to be vague... But I can't seen to find the original thread,
stupid search engines :-(

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything