From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-29 08:44:19

Rene Rivera wrote:

>> David Abrahams wrote:

>>> I think the requirement that
>

> PS. None of the things I listed a requirements. They are guidelines
> people are free to ignore ;-)

You should maybe clarify that on the site. If this is really going to
be a widespread contest (and I think it should be), phrases like

   "It will eventually need to be a favicon."

might lead people to think otherwise. AFAIK, the favicon thing is your
own idea, and probably a good one, but there's been no consensus that it
should have any bearing on logo design. Likewise the black and white thing:

   "Logo should be presentable in black and white limited print medium"

Maybe it would work better to label these as "things that might give
your logo an advantage over others, all other things being equal."
As far as I'm concerned, we need most of all an effective design to
replace the existing one in the role(s) it currently fills, and these
other considerations are nice-to-have but secondary.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting