From: Kevin Wheatley (hxpro_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-30 07:19:18

David Abrahams wrote:
> Because we read english text from left to right?
>
> > Or why is Boostd:: (given the colorized logo) better
> > than std::Boost (logo or text)?
>
> #1, ditto.
> #2, it's shorter.

If only I had a decent tool I'd do something better than ASCII art,
anyway, I thought that in my original, the small apostrophy allowed
one to think "I've Boost'd my code" you could even have an icon for
inclusion on web pages/in software indicating some kind of support for
the technology.

Through careful font construction you could probably swicth the
apostrophy into a '+' and drop the false cross bar on the d and still
keep the C++ (the new + being the second, the former still being part
of the t).

Perhaps the C++ could be a different colour drop shadow like the std::
Keepin the Boost part in the forground.

Kevin

--
| Kevin Wheatley, Cinesite (Europe) Ltd | Nobody thinks this      |
| Senior Technology                     | My employer for certain |