From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-30 10:25:50

Beman Dawes wrote:
> At 11:38 AM 11/29/2004, Joaquín Mª López Muñoz wrote:
> >...I might like
> >all of them, generally speaking, but only one will get my vote: the
> >outcome is that the popularity of the logo family will be spread among
> its
> >components. Unless we devise a rule that allows people to cast
> >as many votes as desired.
>
> Understood. Sometimes in C++ committee votes people are allowed to vote
> for each candidate that is acceptable.
>
> I'd also like to see "over my dead body" votes allowed. If anyone
> objects strongly to a proposal, I'd like to know it and know why.

I think having a ranked vote would solve most problems. Let people make
up to 3, or any other appropriate number, choices and rank them in order
of preference. When tabulating the higher ranked choices get more
points. And you add the points. The "winner" is the one with most points.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything