From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-01 07:26:06

David B. Held wrote:
> Jonathan Wakely wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> Right now, before your very eyes, watch the logo bicycle shed become
>> a voting system bicycle shed - tada! ;-)
>

> I agree with one aspect...that talking about voting is premature. At
> this point, I don't think there are enough submissions to have a good
> vote. Frankly, I think it would be more constructive to solicit
> volunteers to run the suggested logo contest. Only after that gets
> running and we get some more logos to look at does it make sense to me
> to talk about voting. For instance, should the contest have a prize?
> If so, what? If it's only a matter of pride in being listed on the
> Boost site, is that enough motivation to attract a wide pool of
> contestants?

Just like contestants may want to know what they get if their logo is
chosen, they may justifiably want to know how the process of choosing
will go. We have to tell them up front in the announcement to avoid
misunderstandings later.

And, BTW, I wonder if we should do this the same way we do library
submissions, where the final decision goes to a review manager, informed
by the voting?

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting