From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-02 02:12:33

On 11/23/04 4:02 PM, "Stefan Seefeld" <sseefeld_at_[hidden]> wrote:

[SNIP]
> FWIW, a wonderful free tool to draw vector graphics is inkscape
> (http://inkscape.org/). It can save as (scalable) vector graphic
> or export to raster formats. You may give it a try.

Strangely, I saw that site a while ago, and have wanted us to copy its
design for our web page. I like that its left-sidebar of contents has
bigger type and looks simpler. I also like that its search section is
within that sidebar, which looks better than the other proposed designs. I
would move the search section to the top of the sidebar, instead of
Inkscape's bottom placement.

(Worse, the top Google bar on the proposed designs at
<http://uk.geocities.com/msclrhd/boost...> looks broken on my browsers.
I've used Safari and Firefox on Mac OS X 10.3.6. It's too crowded on the
top of the pane in Firefox. The same problem exists on Safari, except that
the search text is broken. The graphics and controls are in the same
positions, but the "Find" and "in" are 40 page-downs from the top. And the
whole page, not counting the broken "Find"/"in", is only 7 page-downs tall!
A lot of blank space there.)

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie