From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-03 06:53:43

Stefan Slapeta wrote:

> Vladimir Prus wrote:
>
>> Could you elaborate? I happen to work on precisely that at the moment.
>> The current behaviour is pretty similar to V1. You get one path component
>> for base toolset ("iw") and one path component for version ("8.0", "8.1",
>> you name it). The only difference from V1 is that there's only one
>> toolset description file, and versions are specified in user's
>> 'user-config.jam'.
>>

> The main problem I see is that there are two compilers involved each of
> which has to be configured. In theory it's possible to combine each
> version of Intel compiler 6-8 with each version of VC 6-7.1. These sets
> create dependencies that are not handled perfectly at the moment IMO.

This is still not enough information. In V2, you can do:

  using intel-win : 8.0-vc6 : : <compatibility>vc6 ;
  using intel-win : 8.0-vc7 : : <compatibility>vc7 ;

And "8.0-vc6" and "8.0-vc7" will be the version in library name. If that
version are equal to what autolinking wants, there should be no problem.

> Furthermore, (when the other problems are solved) there should also be a
> toolset for Intel+STLPort (...which I tried to write for 1.32 but I gave
> up due to lack of time).

Maybe, you can start with V2? Add

  using intel-win ;
  using stlport ;

to tools/build/v2/user-config.jam, go to tools/build/v2/example/hello, run,

  bjam intel-win stdlib=stlport

and report any problem there are. Details on configuring toolsets are in
comment in user-config.jam and in output of:

  bjam --v2 --help intel-win.init
  bjam --v2 --help stlport.init

and at

   http://boost.org/boost-build2/doc/html/bbv2/advanced.html#bbv2.advanced.configuration