From: Daniel James (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-04 12:28:16

Jonathan Turkanis wrote:
> Too bad :( That's what happens on Comeau and Metrowerks. Intel is such a strange
> beast -- I'm using the strict ANSI option (/Za) and the option to disable
> Microsoft bug emulation (/Qms0).

Here's an alternative based on a mix of Daniel Wallin and Goran
Mitrovic's code. I believe it is standards compliant. And, in theory,
can allocate up to 4096 ids. It should be easy to extend it do more,
although compile times will probably put you of doing that.

The problem is, that to use it you have to set the type index at the
global scope and it can't be called from a template. Because of that, it
doesn't offer much advantge over using the preprocessor to allocate ids
and would probably result in larger compile times.

Daniel