From: Giovanni Bajo (giovannibajo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-06 09:30:17

Jeff Garland <jeff_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>> Did you think of integrating some spam detection software
>> (spamassassin and friends) into the wiki? It could be set to refuse
>> posting anything which is detected as spam. I do not think losting
>> the freedom of speaking of wee-agra in the wiki is a problem.
>
> Since I didn't write the Wiki software, no.

Though you could evaluate how hard an effort it is. I guess it cannot be too
hard.

> But that's an interesting
> idea, although I'm going to guess that it runs counter to the usual
> 'Wiki culture'....

The usual Wiki culture is that everybody can freely edit without any need to
register, signup, or whatever. This does not mean that I am allowed to post an
article in the Boost Wiki about Senator Abumagi which is offering you 20
billions dollars. I doubt anyone will be refrained from posting if you run an
anti-spam detection on the contents.

Giovanni Bajo