From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-06 10:43:57

Giovanni Bajo wrote:
> Jeff Garland <jeff_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>

>>>Did you think of integrating some spam detection software
>>>(spamassassin and friends) into the wiki? It could be set to refuse
>>>posting anything which is detected as spam. I do not think losting
>>>the freedom of speaking of wee-agra in the wiki is a problem.
>>
>>Since I didn't write the Wiki software, no.
>

> Though you could evaluate how hard an effort it is. I guess it cannot be too
> hard.

I have some experience working with SpamBayes, which I am using very
successfully to server-side filter my email. I have basically no fear
about allowing my email address to be harvested by anybody who wants it.
  If someone would like to cooperate on integrating SpamBayes into the
Wiki, I'd be happy to lend a hand on it.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting