From: Christoph Ludwig (cludwig_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-12 17:03:38

On Sun, Dec 12, 2004 at 12:10:57PM -0800, Jon Kalb wrote:
> On 12/12/04 8:54 AM, "Rene Rivera" <grafik.list_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>
> > Boosters,
> >
> > OK, I haven't heard anything in the way of further comment on the new
> > front page design. I've put in a version of the current logo while we
> > work that out. And done some minor cleanup of the css and xhtml:
> >
> > http://redshift-software.com/~grafik/boost/index.htm
> > Boost C++ Libraries
> >
> > If there aren't any serious objections, I'll go ahead and commit this to
> > CVS.
> >

> Safari displays a blank page. All white space.

The same here with Konqueror 3.3.2 on a Linux box.

However, if I go from the Boost page somewhere else and then press the back
button, the Boost page is displayed. (In fact, I submitted the page to the W3C
validator that didn't find any flaws. When I then pressed "back" the Boost
page appeared.)

If I then press "reload", then I have a blank page again. When I switch of
JavaScript then the browser displays the page at once, But without JavaScript
the menu bar is not displayed to the left but below the main page... :-(

I don't know JavaScript so I cannot assess whether there is a problem with
your JavaScript code. But even if it is a browser bug, a potential user might
be annoyed and turn away if all the browser presents at www.boost.org is a
white page.

Regards

Christoph