From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-14 14:09:33

John Maddock wrote:

> " Boost library implementations access configuration macros via
> #include <boost/config.hpp>.
> Boost library users are never required to #include <boost/config.hpp>
> directly, unless they are using the Boost informational or helper
> macros which are designed for use by Boost users as well as for our
> own internal use. However, note that while all the Boost
> configuration macros are documented here, the feature test and defect
> test macros are designed for internal use by Boost libraries. If you
> write code that depends upon these you should be aware that they are
> subject to the needs of Boost library developers, and while we will
> try to avoid gratuitous changes, subtle breaking changes are not
> entirely unknown. "

I think the last sentence is a bit awkward, esp. "subtle breaking changes" and
"not entirely unknown."

I'd prefer:

"If you write code that depends upon these macros, you should be aware that
because they are subject to the needs of Boost library developers, small changes
are occassionally made which could affect your code. The best way to keep up to
date is to monitor discussions on the Boost devlopers list."

Jonathan