From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-14 08:31:59

> The documentation says the lib is not intended for users of boost, but
> only to
> aid implementing boost itself. I asked the question some time ago (long
> before 1.32) and the consensus was that it was in fact public and the
> documentation was wrong/outdated, but even with this release it didn't
> change. What's the deal? Did I miss anything?

OK I changed the wording of the help file to read as follows:

" Boost library implementations access configuration macros via #include
<boost/config.hpp>.
Boost library users are never required to #include <boost/config.hpp>
directly, unless they are using the Boost informational or helper macros
which are designed for use by Boost users as well as for our own internal
use. However, note that while all the Boost configuration macros are
documented here, the feature test and defect test macros are designed for
internal use by Boost libraries. If you write code that depends upon these
you should be aware that they are subject to the needs of Boost library
developers, and while we will try to avoid gratuitous changes, subtle
breaking changes are not entirely unknown. "

Is that clear enough?

John.