From: Caleb Epstein (caleb.epstein_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-15 08:53:10

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 10:33:04 +0000, Anthony Williams
<anthony_w.geo_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Having images on web-site buttons is awkward; you need to provide alternate
> text for those people who don't have browsers capable of rendering the image,
> but this needs to be hidden if the browser is showing the image.

I'd also like to add my two cents and say that the "Google" logo
button looks nice, but is not intiutive from a UI perspective.

Because of the lack of edges and other canonical button-like
decoration, it is not immediately obivious that it IS a button. It
could just be a logo (e.g. "Search Powered by Google"). I'd suggest
either modifying the image to contain some additional button "look and
feel" or just keeping with a plain old, less sexy text button.

--
Caleb Epstein
caleb dot epstein at gmail dot com