From: John Torjo (john.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-15 09:24:21

>>Feedback is welcome.
>>

> I have been looking for something like this for a long time, and this
> looks promising.

Thanks.

> I would (of course) like to see support for more compilers, especially
> Digital Mars,Borland and Watcom, as these are freely available :)

Certainly! Also, I welcome any help. If you'd like to help with
specifying compiler metadata files, please let me know (eventually in a
private email)

I plan to support every compiler out there. All it needs are two files
(settings.txt and rules.txt :))

> I would also love to see a "project conversion" tool. E.g. Read in a
> visual studio project, extract the files and settings, and compile
> with any compiler.

Yup, but that would require soooo much work :)
I do plan something like this, but in the pretty far future. There are
just so many other things to do until then :)

Best,
John

--
John Torjo,    Contributing editor, C/C++ Users Journal
-- "Win32 GUI Generics" -- generics & GUI do mix, after all