From: Peder Holt (peder.holt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-15 02:42:42

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 22:49:07 +0200, John Torjo <john.lists_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Dear boosters,
>
> I thought this might be of interested in this, even if it's Windows-only
> for now.
>
> I'm happy to announce the first version of "Cross Builder":
> http://www.torjo.com/cb/
>
> In short, Cross Builder allows you to build C++ projects very easy.
> In addition to that, it allows you to modify various compiler settings
> in a simple and straightforward way.
>
> Cross Builder's purpose is to make it as easy as possible
> for you to build your projects with *any* C++ compiler.
>
> Or, put in other words, *one click*.
>
> Compiler settings apply hierarchically.
> This is a very powerful mechanism, and once you see it at work, you'll
> simply love it!
>
> When you modify a setting, you modify it for:
>
> * a HDD directory or file
> * a configuration (such as "Debug", "Release", etc.)
> * a compiler (such as "All compilers", "MSVC" (all MS compilers), "VC
> 7.1", etc)
>
> From then on, this setting will apply to all:
> * it sub-configurations
> * its sub-compilers
> * its HDD sub-directories
> ...until it's overridden.
>
> Screenshots and possibility to download:
> http://www.torjo.com/cb/
>
> As a side-node, in the near future, I will also post the source-code
> for the first version of CB.
>
> Feedback is welcome.

I have been looking for something like this for a long time, and this
looks promising.
I would (of course) like to see support for more compilers, especially
Digital Mars,Borland and Watcom, as these are freely available :)

I would also love to see a "project conversion" tool. E.g. Read in a
visual studio project, extract the files and settings, and compile
with any compiler.

Peder