From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-17 18:11:42

At 05:01 PM 12/17/2004, Jonathan Turkanis wrote:

>The Dinkumware CoreX library also contains a component, wstring_convert,
>for this purpose. Since it doesn't make a detour through streams, it
might
>be more efficient.

Dinkumware is proposing part of their library for standardization. See
http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2004/n1683.html

Should Boost be looking at that proposal? Seems to me we should.

If we like it, we can support their proposal and perhaps do an independent
implementation for Boost. If we think it needs changes, the sooner those
get communicated to Dinkumware and/or the LWG, the better.

--Beman