From: Jonathan Wakely (cow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-21 05:34:11

On Sun, Dec 19, 2004 at 07:40:35AM -0800, Arkadiy Vertleyb wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was porting my older stuff into Boost 1.32, and it went fine with VC71.
> However, using g++ 3.3, I ran into a lot of naming conflicts between STL and
> MPL algoritms, such as find_if, copy_if, etc. From looking into previous
> posts, I can see that tis relates to a combination of problems in the g++
> STL, such as using unqualified calls, and ADL not working correctly.
>
> Does anybody know if the problem was fixed in later versions of GCC?

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, this is fixed in GCC 3.4.0 and higher.

There might still be some calls that need qualifying, but those are bugs
and will get fixed. All calls to std::find(), std::find_if() et al in
<algorithm> are qualified, if you find calls that are missing the
qualification please let the libstdc++ mailing list know (or shout about
them here and I'll get them fixed if I read it).

jon

--
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds..."
	- Ralph Waldo Emerson