From: Arkadiy Vertleyb (vertleyb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-24 23:25:28

"Jonathan Wakely" <cow_at_[hidden]> wrote

> On Sun, Dec 19, 2004 at 07:40:35AM -0800, Arkadiy Vertleyb wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I was porting my older stuff into Boost 1.32, and it went fine with
VC71.
> > However, using g++ 3.3, I ran into a lot of naming conflicts between STL
and
> > MPL algoritms, such as find_if, copy_if, etc. From looking into
previous
> > posts, I can see that tis relates to a combination of problems in the
g++
> > STL, such as using unqualified calls, and ADL not working correctly.
> >
> > Does anybody know if the problem was fixed in later versions of GCC?
>
> Sorry for the late reply. Yes, this is fixed in GCC 3.4.0 and higher.
>
> There might still be some calls that need qualifying, but those are bugs
> and will get fixed. All calls to std::find(), std::find_if() et al in
> <algorithm> are qualified, if you find calls that are missing the
> qualification please let the libstdc++ mailing list know (or shout about
> them here and I'll get them fixed if I read it).

After I switched to g++ 3.4.2 things got much better for me. However there
are still a few unqualified calls to copy in bits/vector.tcc. I had to fix
them manually on my copy in order to be able to compile.

Any idea if it is going to be fixed and when?

Regards,

Arkadiy