From: Reece Dunn (msclrhd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-22 06:43:38

Alan Gutierrez wrote:
> Actually, now that I think about it, the css box is going to
> cost a lot if it has actual structures. It is going to need a to
> return a margin, say by inspecting the margin it was assigned,
> and if assigned none, return the margin that it inherited.

There is no reason why it is not possible to implement a simplified box
model specifically for GUI layouts. The width/height can be calculated
using get_minimum_size() and area.deflate( margin + padding ). Border is
not really necessary. As for inheriting, for simplicity, the box model
will not inherit anything.

If you want to implement a full CSS model (including a CSS device, box
model, etc.) the library shgould provide enough functionality to allow
you to do this.

> In some cases, a division might have been explicitly assigned a
> border, but in most cases it will choose one based on context.

For sake of simplicity, it would be easier to disregard the border
property in this context. Otherwise, you need to have border-color and
border-style as well as border-size and you will also need to actually
draw the border!

Regards,
Reece