From: Alan Gutierrez (alan-boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-22 07:21:33

* Reece Dunn <msclrhd_at_[hidden]> [2004-12-22 06:57]:

> Alan Gutierrez wrote:

> > Actually, now that I think about it, the css box is going to
> > cost a lot if it has actual structures. It is going to need a to
> > return a margin, say by inspecting the margin it was assigned,
> > and if assigned none, return the margin that it inherited.

> There is no reason why it is not possible to implement a simplified box
> model specifically for GUI layouts. The width/height can be calculated
> using get_minimum_size() and area.deflate( margin + padding ). Border is
> not really necessary. As for inheriting, for simplicity, the box model
> will not inherit anything.

> If you want to implement a full CSS model (including a CSS device, box
> model, etc.) the library shgould provide enough functionality to allow
> you to do this.

    This is indeed what I would like to do.

    I am on about how to implement CSS, including the cascading bit.
    For the record.

    Maybe, in terms of the gui library, I'm consiering the
    implementation of a specific layout. But, like I said elsewhere,
    it strikes me as an excellent means to develop plubbable look and feel.

--
Alan Gutierrez - alan_at_[hidden]