From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-22 17:59:49

At 12:32 PM 12/22/2004, Alan Gutierrez wrote:
> I've spent quite a bit of time getting this Boost GUI code to
> build anywhere, but now it builds on both OS X and W2K.
>
> I'm using XCode to build on OS X, Jamboost is working on W2K.
>
> I'm feeling like I might as well add Linux to the mix, and work
> toward having an early integeration across these three
> platforms. It would teach me a lot about Boost and bjam.

If you've gotten bjam running on W2K, you should very little trouble
running it on Linux. I say that based on my experience; I know next to
nothing about Linux (or Unix), but was able to get various jamfiles working
within a very short time after installing Red Hat Linux on a spare machine.

Also, so many boosters use that platform that it is really easy to get help
if you need it.

--Beman