From: Stuart Dootson (stuart.dootson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-23 05:00:34

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 13:27:05 -0000, John Maddock <john_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > I would like to know if anybody has successfully built boost with
> > VC++.NET 2005 beta version ? I tried to look the regression tests, but
> > the links from boost web site are broken (This site is defaced!!!
> > NeverEverNoSanity WebWorm generation 25.).
>
> Yes, it does build OK, modulo a few new bugs in the new compiler.
>
> Use the "vc-8_0" toolset.
>
> John.

In addition, Boost attempts to build statically linked CRT versions of
some of the libraries (/ML and /MLd flags) - these appear to have been
removed in VS2005 (and the documentation appears to imply that'll be
the case for RTM: "/ML and /MLd compiler options have been removed.
Visual C++ no longer supports single-threaded, statically linked CRT
library support. "). Will these be removed from the VC8 build when the
compiler is released?

Stuart Dootson