From: Matt Hurd (matt.hurd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-24 01:45:38

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 18:53:54 -0500, christopher diggins
<cdiggins_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I realize that there is of course already the boost::spirit library for
> parsing, but I have recently released another recursive descent parsing
> library with a substantially different design. The YARD parser requires
> grammar productions to be defined as meta-functions and does not use
> operator overloading. The code base is quite a bit smaller, and I personally
> find the library easier to use than Spirit (of course I am very biased). The
> home page at http://yard-parser.sf.net/ . Would there be any interest in
> this of library for Boost? TIA

Chris,

I like Spirit and have a production system that parses a particular
vendors data packets using it. Works well. My only real complaint
about Spirit is that it is quite a slow parser. This could be
improved by having first / follow set kind of things without an
interface change. Spirit is quite good at representing the LL
grammars you normal deal with when doing RDP.

Do you have an example of two small grammars that might highlight why
YARD is better?

Regards,

Matt
matthurd_at_[hidden]