From: Alan Gutierrez (alan-boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-24 02:52:57

  * I don't think it matters much, to the user, if the button they
    click is a Motif button or an Aqua button, so long as their form
    is processed. Go to Amazon. All the buttons there are images.

  * Dealing with Win32 GDI controls is pain. Because they consume a
    Win32 window they are not going to place nice a more complex
    layout like a grid or a document. They are so few an simple, it
    is trivial to replicate them.

    The Win32 GDI is going to be a real problem, and it will put
    unnecessary design constraints on the GUI library if its poor
    behavior is enabled.

  * It is an aspect of the View of MV[PC] and the developer must be
    able to choose the View that suits their application.

    I think native controls should be supported in the case of
    PalmOS, where you can't overlay them anyway. Or in the case of
    windowing libraries that allow their controls to be clipped,
    where the native controls will behave properly when overlayed,
    and thus can take part in a complicated layout.

--
Alan Gutierrez - alan_at_[hidden]