From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-24 16:10:54

> Brian Braatz wrote:
>> Is is possible to, given a functor generated as a result of a lambda
>> bind expression, pull the return type from the lambda functor?
>>
>> (still digging through the lambda bind code and have not found the
>> answer to this yet. I sent a previous post with sample code that
>> shows what I am trying to do)
>>
>> Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

In theory, given a lambda function object F, its return type is

typedef typename F::template sig<A>::type result_type;

where A is the argument tuple, boost::tuple<int, int> for instance.

But this doesn't work with lambda::bind; sig<> returns null_type. I don't
know why; I wasn't able to follow the Lambda code. It's probably a bug.