From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-26 11:51:22

OK -

a) The document re:auto-link indicates that not all platforms support it.
That leaves me wondering what happens when the macros are included in the
library source code an its compiiled? Is there an error message. Does
everything work with the same as w/o auto-linking macros?

b) I notice that Comeau doesn't show up in the test matrix. This made me
wonder if the configuration for the comeau compiler has been updated to
consider the auto-link idea. In fact, since Commeau is a "pre-compiler" its
not even clear to me that can be fit in.

c) When I build with comeau. The auto-link macros seem to be undefined.
This makes me wonder if the config files ro comeau need to be altered to
take this into account.

d) The above makes me wonder if comeau config files have not been kept up.
So my question is:

Have comeau config files been kept up with changes required to support
auto-link. If so, why is not comeau appearing in the test matrix?

Robert Ramey