From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-26 14:31:23

Robert Ramey wrote:

> a) The document re:auto-link indicates that not all platforms support
> it. That leaves me wondering what happens when the macros are
> included in the library source code an its compiiled? Is there an
> error message. Does everything work with the same as w/o auto-linking
> macros?

I believe I can anser this. (If not someone will surely let me know ;-)

como does not do its own linking; it uses the linker associated with the backend
compiler. Therefore, if it is used in conjunction with a compiler that does not
support auto link, there's no way it can support auto link. So the question is
whether it supports auto link when used with a backend that supports auto link.
To test this, I compiled the following program on como with VC7.1:

   #pragma comment(lib, "asfdhjkalsdflkjhsadf")

   int main() { }

and got an 'unrecognized pragma' warning. Since auto link relies on pragma
comment, I conclude that it doesn't work with como.

Jonathan