From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-26 20:37:46

christopher diggins wrote:
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Joel de Guzman"

>> If comparison to your *hand-coded* switch statement is your rationale,
>> then that's unfair. You can also write a hand-coded single token
>> switch parser using spirit's functor parser:
>>
>> http://www.boost.org/libs/spirit/doc/functor_parser.html
>>
> I didn't mean to make an unfair comparison, I simply used the resource
> you pointed me to (see above). I looked at the functor parser
> documentation and I honestly can't figure out how to rewrite the above
> example. Perhaps someone else could do it. That single comparison was
> only a small part of the basis for my rationale.

Hi Christopher,

Well, you use it to write your hand coded switch. Anyway, I would
suggest for you to stop comparing apples and oranges and just
provide a rationale based on the merits of your library alone.
IMHO, comparisons to spirit will be meaningless if you are not
at all familiar with it.

Well, good luck!

Regards,

--