From: David Greene (greened_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-27 14:12:59

I think I've found either a bug in zip_view with gcc or a bug
in the zip_view docs.

If I try to use a zip_view<> in which the sequences are not all
of the same length, the compiler goes into "infinite" recursion
instantiating at<> templates until it hits the instantiation
limit.

According to the MPL reference manual, the size<> of the
sequence should be the minimum of the size<>es of all the
participating sequences.

At first I thought this was only a problem when one of the
sequences is empty but I was able to reproduce it with
populated sequences of varying length. Just two is enough
to expose it.

This is a problem with gcc 3.2, 3.3 and 3.4.

I can work around the problem by using iterator_range<> and
copy<> to truncate the sequences before feeding them to
zip_view<>.

What's supposed to happen in this case?

                             -Dave