From: Bart (bartmann_nsd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-29 10:59:15

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 07:58:38 -0700, Jeff Garland wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 17:32:44 +0300, Vladimir Prus wrote
>> Jeff Garland wrote:
>>
>> > On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 16:00:12 +0300, Vladimir Prus wrote
>> >
>> > This is an internally used file, so it shouldn't cause errors - but
>> > perhaps an
>> > error has crept in? Are you seeing a problem when you try and generate
>> > the
>> > overall boost results?
>>
>> No, I see a problem when trying to build date_time docs.
>
> Maybe you can be more explicit about what you are doing and the errors you are
> seeing. BTW, we haven't been able to build docs for quite awhile now and our
> requests for help have gone unanswered on the boost-doc list. We weren't sure
> what magic was applied to do the 1.32 release.
>
>> > I noted before that for the 1.32 pdf date-time was
>> > excluded and no one explained why/how that happened since the html was
>> > clearly generated :-(
>>
>> I recall it was some kind of fop -> pdf convert bug, but I'm not sure.
>
> Ok.

>> > Yes, well, since we haven't been sucessful in getting all of the doxygen
>> > to boost-book bridge to work well for date-time we have to slightly modify
>> > the
>> > generated files for our purpose. So that's why those are there.
>>
>> You mean that each time after modifying headers, you have to
>> manually tweak the generated files?
>
> That's correct -- although I think we actually use a script to do it. Sorry
> to say I've been hands-off of this for awhile so I don't know the details.
> Hopefully Bart will post later and describe the details.
>
> Jeff

We wanted the doxygen created reference to have three sections: date_time,
gregorian, & posix_time with a fourth to be added later (local_time).
Boostbook generated a boostbook file for each section, however, all three
boostbook files had the same section and title tags. Our script rewrites
those tags and adds a copyright notice.

It's a bit of extra work but we have a nicely nested set of reference docs
as a result.

Building the docs from anywhere other than
boost_root/libs/date_time/xmldoc will not produce the boostbook files but
simply uses them.

Bart