From: christopher diggins (cdiggins_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-31 11:29:19

----- Original Message -----
From: "Reid Sweatman" <drunkardswalk_at_[hidden]>

> Sure, that sort of thing is always useful, when well done. Have you
> considered leveraging the codebase to a straight C++ formatter? There
> really isn't one out there that's up to the task. I've been hacking GNU
> Indent for years to get something that sort of handles C++ and has the
> options I like; be nice to actually have a good free product out there
> that's designed to handle C++ with a good spread of options. If you had
> any
> interest, I could send you my annotated option file for Indent (obviously,
> can't send the code, since it's copy-lefted). But the option file would
> show what's present (including some things that aren't in Indent's docs)
> and
> what I thought worth adding.
>
> Or not, if you prefer; I'm perfectly aware of the magnitude of such a
> piece
> of code. <g>

I might be able to get the ball rolling on a code formatter, but I
definitely wouldn't be able to follow through with maintenance / support /
evolution. Please send me your options file to begin with, and I will try to
gauge the scope of it and see whether I can do anything significant in my
spare time. Would you have any interest in contributing to or helping
maintain such a tool, if I did get it started?

Christopher Diggins
http://www.cdiggins.com