From: Reid Sweatman (drunkardswalk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-31 05:08:07

Sure, that sort of thing is always useful, when well done. Have you
considered leveraging the codebase to a straight C++ formatter? There
really isn't one out there that's up to the task. I've been hacking GNU
Indent for years to get something that sort of handles C++ and has the
options I like; be nice to actually have a good free product out there
that's designed to handle C++ with a good spread of options. If you had any
interest, I could send you my annotated option file for Indent (obviously, I
can't send the code, since it's copy-lefted). But the option file would
show what's present (including some things that aren't in Indent's docs) and
what I thought worth adding.

Or not, if you prefer; I'm perfectly aware of the magnitude of such a piece
of code. <g>

Reid