From: christopher diggins (cdiggins_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-01 12:46:07

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andreas Pokorny" <andreas.pokorny_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Saturday, January 01, 2005 11:22 AM
Subject: Re: [boost] Re: Object Hierarchies using Interface Types with the
BIL

>Hi,
>So the boost interface library implements something like the gnu gcc
>signatures? You create proxy classes that forward to non-virtual
>methods?
>
>Regards
>Andreas Pokorny

That is close, but the method forwarded to may or may not be virtual. I
don't know how the gnu gcc signatures worked, I have only heard second-hand
that it was a similar technique. There is an article at
http://www.codeproject.com/cpp/retrofitpolymorphism2.asp which explains how
the technique works using double-width pointers. There was also an article
on it, in the September 2004 issue of the C/C++ Users Journal.

Christopher Diggins
http://www.cdiggins.com