From: Timo Geusch (timo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-04 02:07:49

Caleb Epstein wrote:

>On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 22:08:05 +0000, Timo Geusch <timo_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>

>>I do have access to the Workshop 8 / SunPRO 5.5 compiler at work and am
>>planning to invest some time into trying to get more parts of boost to
>>work with both the 5.3 and the 5.5 compilers. I'll see if I can find the
>>time to run those tests tomorrow to see if they pass or not.
>>

>Thanks for taking the time

That's fine - we're all working towards the same goal...

>>Success so far has been rather limited, mainly due to the fact that
>>"making boost work" isn't part of my real job description :-), however
>>

>Nor is it mine. I'm just doing my best to help out by running the
>regression tests daily.
>

>>I've now got at least the smart pointer library working properly with
>>both 5.3 and 5.5.
>>

>I'd love to have a copy of that patch if you wouldn't mind sending it
>along to the list.

Will do - the main effort to get these to work was that I needed to find
the correct combination of compiler flags to circumvent some of the
braindeadedness - sorry, backward compatibility - of the SUN compilers.
No changes to the actual code are required. However it does appear that
most other libraries require patches to the code in order to compile.