From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-04 03:40:00

Brian Braatz writes:
> ******************
> SEPARATE THREAD:

A side note: it's generally encouraged to start a new topic by posting
a new, correspondingly named message; for one, it improves chances that
the fresh content will be noticed and responded to by interested
parties.

> It would be nice if boost doc pages pointed to a WIKI or
> something for people to add things to the documentation (not officially
> added mind you- just ammendums)(similar to how people can comment on
> products on amazon.com for example) .

I suppose you mean particular library's documentation pages
pointing to particular wiki pages. Otherwise it's already
there (http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl,
referenced from the Boost main page). In any case, please
see below.

> I.e. once I get code working on how to deduce return type from a
> lambda functor, it would be nice if I could put that info someplace
> easy for others to find.
> OR- Is the solution for me to write up a page of documentation
> and simply request it be added to the lambda documentation?

Most often this is a preferred way.

> (which raises the issue)- is there any process for this?

1) Query the library maintainers for the interest/making sense.
2) Write it up.
3) Send it here.

HTH,

--