From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-06 16:29:02

Hi All,

I'll be giving two talks at SD West in March, one about template
metaprogramming, and another called "Inside the Boost Libraries," where
I plan to discuss some of the more interesting Boost internals. You can
see a synopsis at http://www.cmpevents.com/SDw5/a.asp?option=G&V=3&id=271893

I'm trying to decide exactly what to cover there. I've listed some of
my ideas below, but I'm obviously not familiar with the entire Boost
codebase, so I thought I'd solicit suggestions. Thoughts, anyone?

My ideas:

* Discuss the design of shared_ptr/weak_ptr. While not exactly an
implementation technique, the design is fiendishly clever and worth
exploring.

* The use of template-generated polymorphism in Boost.Function to combat
virtual function bloat

* The way that Boost.MPL uses partial specialization on template
template parameters to peel apart lambda expressions and turn them into
metafunction classes.

* Something Boost.Python does to avoid doing dynamic lookup of argument
converters based on parameter types for each wrapped call.

* Something Boost.Python does to dynamically build a chain of exception
handlers.

* ... your ideas here ... :)

--
Dave Abrahams