From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-12 15:32:57

At 08:37 AM 1/12/2005, David Abrahams wrote:
>Rene Rivera wrote:
>> Robert Ramey wrote:
>>> I can't remember where the new vault is. I was hoping I could get to
it
>>> from the main boost page www.boost.org .
>>> Could this be updated?
>>
>> Well I though I had updated it... But now I figured out why my change
>> did not show up. There are both www.boost.org/index.htm and
>> www.boost.org/index.html files
>
>Why?! Shouldn't one be a redirect, at least?

I ran into this when we first moved the web site to SourceForge.
Apparently www.boost.org is interpreted by Appache as a request for
index.html only. If not found, it doesn't try index.htm. In diagnosing the
problem, I probably just copied index.htm to index.html and forgot about it
when the Boost URL started to respond properly. Aleksey perhaps when
through the same process with the release he managed.

The fix could be just to retire index.htm in favor of index.html. That
would apparently lose the history, but it could always be view via
index.htm in the attic.

Should I add index.html and delete index.htm?

--Beman